Compliance and Regulatory Officer
At CVS Group plc we are the largest integrated veterinary service provider in the UK with turnover in excess of £200m and over 4500 employees. We operate several key business areas; 385+ veterinary surgeries, diagnostic laboratories, a pet crematoria division, a successful ecommerce business and two buying groups. We have doubled in size in the last three years and have further expansion; development and diversification initiatives planned for 2017 and beyond, including the launch of our own bespoke insurance products.
In line with our continued growth and expansion, we have an excellent opportunity for a driven compliance professional with strong technical knowledge of FCA regulatory requirements, including experience gained in insurance to join us in the newly created role of Compliance & Regulatory Officer.
As the Compliance & Regulatory Officer you will be responsible for ensuring all areas of the CVS Group business comply with FCA regulatory requirements – these include pet insurance, laboratory equipment rentals and credit referrals.
If successful, some of your key accountabilities will include:
- Ensuring that all CVS business areas comply with the FCA regulatory requirements including:
- Reviewing and approving Financial Promotions.
- Ensuring customers are treated fairly.
- Communicating company policies to employees and developing relevant training materials.
- Acting as the subject matter expert and point of contact for customer complaints and suspected breaches of rules.
- Submitting returns to the FCA and acting as the main point of contact in respect of FCA compliance matters.
- Ensuring that appropriate training takes place at all levels across the Group on compliance matters including FCA regulations, data protection, anti-bribery and anti-money laundering.
- Identifying general regulatory and compliance risk issues including the review and assessment of FCA regulatory updates/changes in legislation.
- Developing and maintaining ongoing management information for the Executive and Board.
To be successful, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven working knowledge of compliance within the General Insurance sector.
- Knowledge and practical experience of the FCA regulatory framework and handbook and their application.
- Proven working knowledge of Financial Crime & DPA legislation.
- The ability to establish credibility and rapport with stakeholders and individuals across a diverse business, including influencing senior stakeholder decision making.
Location: We are flexible regarding your location and can accommodate a split between office and home working - what is most important to us is you and your skills and experience, not where you live. Your time will involve regular travel to our insurance office near Poole in Dorset (weekly), our company Head Office in Diss (bi-weekly) and to attend CVS sites or key meetings as required (monthly), therefore, occasional overnight stays will be required.
In return, you will receive a comprehensive salary package, including company car/allowance, along with the opportunity to enrol in our industry leading sharesave scheme, supported professional development, 5 weeks holiday (plus Bank Holidays), very generous pet healthcare discounts and access to a range of flexible benefits to suit your needs (such as subsidised gym membership).