Senior Marine Surveyor / Adjuster
Cunningham Lindsey is an exciting, fast paced, changing environment and we have a lot going on for 2017!
We strongly believe our culture is one of the many reasons people join especially when coupled with the opportunity to excel and get involved in different initiatives. Cunningham Lindsey has a dynamic environment and one day is rarely the same as the next. To succeed in an environment as fast paced as ours, enthusiasm and energy are a must. There will be challenging targets to meet and plenty of responsibility to keep you busy.
Due to expansion and growth within our MCL Marine team, Cunningham Lindsey are looking to recruit a dynamic outgoing Marine specialist with existing London Market experience and relationships into a Senior Marine Surveyor Adjuster role. You must be customer facing and commercial aware.
You will enjoy all the support needed to develop existing skills and realize your potential as part of a passionate, purposeful team.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate a track record of achievement along with evidence that they are capable of operating at Senior level. They will be someone now ready to take their career to the next level, growing into a future leader within our global business.
The successful candidate will join the growing Marine team as a Senior Marine Surveyor Adjuster focusing on the London market and therefore strong London market knowledge is essential. This role plays an integral part in the Global Marine Specialist Practice Group. This senior operational position will grow a network of contacts as a leader in marine expertise.
- Undertake your technical and market related duties using your initiative and in accordance with instructions and direction provided by the Head of Marine.
- In conjunction with the Head of Marine agree and take responsibility for delivery of budgeted/reforecast performance in terms of financial and productivity targets.
- Work with Casualty / Marine Management Team and other members of Casualty Services to help shape and drive innovation in services and processes across the product line.
- Investigate and handling high value and complex Freight Liability and Cargo claims nationally and Globally.
Additionally, you will have/will be:
- Previous experience within the Adjusting/Marine Survey Insurance sector.
- Unflappable, dependable, reliable and must be able to work on own initiative.
- Hold a full UK driving licence, preferably clear of any convictions.
- Preferably qualified to ACII as a minimum and/or other qualification
- A proven track record in handling of Marine claims
- Good knowledge of relevant contract terms, legislation, case law and insurance covers
- Knowledge of the Marine insurance market and the key players therein
- Ability to build, maintain and develop customer and Insurer relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
Due to the nature of this role, the successful incumbent will undergo satisfactory DBS and Financial Sanctions checks Cunningham Lindsey is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. We aim to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.