Administration Apprentice, Birmingham
Exciting opportunity at Lockton to join the Private Client Insurance team as an Administration Apprentice. This opportunity is open to candidates that can successfully demonstrate either a working background or recognisable capabilities in the provision and management of document production & handling, office systems, document storage & retrieval, amongst other administrative responsibilities.
Lockton is the largest global independently owned insurance broker in the world, with an enviable record of growth over the last few years. They operate out of multiple territories and have an international branch network. The business deals with both retail and wholesale clients and operate a culture that is unique, emanating from the entrepreneurial spirit of its senior management and the flat structure in which the organisation operates.
The business has achieved significant success in recent years with strong organic growth and positive client and employee feedback. The internal culture of the organisation is recognised as a key differentiator and the quality of service delivery is highly rated by their clients.
Lockton is committed to investing in young talent and due to their sustained growth they are looking to fill a position for an Administration Assistant within one of their key business areas in Risk Solutions.
There will be full training and support, which will aid the successful Administration Assistant in working towards a fully funded professional qualification either in Business Administration, or in a subject that caters more specifically towards a career in Insurance.
- Undertaking background research/investigation
- Producing reports and briefing notes
- Assisting with complex administrative tasks and functions
- Administrative support for routine tasks
- Maintaining accurate and tidy filing systems
- Retrieving and replacing files including delivery to required destination
- Arranging for files to be lodged to and retrieved from off-site storage as directed
- Organising destruction of documents and files as directed and in accordance with regulatory requirements
- PC appreciation/Microsoft Windows/Keyboard skills
- Basic use of word-processing/e-mail/intranet and internet
- Basic/intermediate use of spreadsheets and databases
- Typing and keyboard skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with clients, insurers and other colleagues.
- Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality.
- A thorough understanding of and adherence to standards and procedures
This role would suit someone who has completed A Levels or a recent University Graduate looking to start an office based career in an administrative capacity or someone who has built the basics of administration experience and would like their next role in this area. As remuneration, Lockton promotes a culture of recognition and reward and along with a competitive salary, you will also be party to a benefits package including pension, private medical insurance, an interest free season ticket loan and other lifestyle benefits.