Underwriting Team Leader
Role Purpose (Summary)
To lead and develop a team of Underwriting Assistants, whilst liaising with various business units and Underwriting portfolios to manage the workflow for the division in order to collectively deliver an efficient and effective service to our customers.
Complete performance and development reviews, ensuring objectives are aligned to business requirements, facilitate building skills and talent, recognise high performance and address under performance timely.
Pro-actively utilise resource and co-ordinate, monitor and review workflow to meet SLAs and compliance requirements. Owning data quality, procedures and training within the processing of risk information.
Understand both internal and external customer needs and work towards delivery against these, managing expectations.
Identify, challenge and implement process improvements to maximise efficiencies and ensuring all business units are aligned within their processes. Collaborating to encourage diverse and inclusive thinking from team members and stakeholders.
Lead and embed change projects and initiatives, working in partnership with underwriting, operations, IT and change to strive for operational excellence.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Strong people management experience
- Strong negotiating and influencing stakeholder skills
- Authentic and aspirational
- Ability to analyse data and use for decision making
- A high level of numeracy and literacy, attention to detail
- Degree or equivalent qualification, ACII desired
- LEAN Six Sigma certification desired
- Experience gained within the insurance industry desired
- London Market experience desirable
Apply for Underwriting Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Lloyd's & London Market Head of Underwriting jobs in Hertfordshire
- Lloyd's & London Market Marine Underwriter jobs in Hertfordshire
- Lloyd's & London Market Motor Underwriter jobs in Hertfordshire
- Lloyd's & London Market Property Underwriter jobs in Hertfordshire
- Lloyd's & London Market Senior Underwriter jobs in Hertfordshire