Internal Model optimisation - MATLAB - GI, Life, Reinsurance
Oliver James Associates are supporting a major insurance business who require an experienced contractor to support on the optimisation of the Internal Model. This role requires strong MATLAB knowledge (programming and developing). The ideal candidate will be solution oriented with strong communication skills.
Duration: 6 months initial (+ extensions)
Location: Remote working with regular visits on-site (mainland Europe)
Start: Between Mid-March and Mid-April.
Rate: Competitive daily rate. Dependent on experience.
Role: MATLAB development and internal model optimisation. The chosen candidate will be responsible for converting existing tools to MATLAB, contributing to the improvement of the model and providing insight into how to make the models/process more efficient. You will be involved in business discussions and expected to find effective solutions to problems.
- Strong MATLAB coding/development knowledge
- Experience of working on and improving the Internal Mode
- Actuary or experience in an Actuarial environment is highly desirable (qualification not required)
- Insurance background (ideally); GI, Life or Reinsurance
- Strong communication - you will be liaising with various project managers/senior stakeholders and expected to contribute to business discussions
- Highly solution oriented
- Focussed and able to work to timelines and meet deliverables.
- Good team player - able to work with a wider team to formulate the most effective solutions.
- No mandatory language skills required.
Please apply now or contact Chris Armstrong with a copy of your CV at Chris.Armstrong@OJassociates.com.
Oliver James Associates specialise in permanent and contract recruitment across the Actuarial market and look forward to your application.