Senior Development Underwriter
A leading Insurer is seeking an experienced Underwriter who has a broad knowledge of commercial products. You will underwrite the larger cases and lead underwriting in your specialist area by taking referrals of more complex risks, which may also emanate from outside the region. You will lead underwriting and sales visits, influence senior management on underwriting appetite and strategy, provide leadership to ensure the target retention rate for the region is achieved and you will develop close effective relationships with Brokers to develop new opportunities.
Experience and skills required:
- Broad knowledge of the commercial product market
- ideally have experience of managing delegated underwriting authorities and schemes
- Experience of writing more complex risks
- An ability to build a business plan to present to management in a concise way
- An ability to write policy wordings, underwriting guidelines and rating plans
- Relationship management skills and a customer focus
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and determined to achieve results
- ACII qualified (or progressing towards)
- Ideally degree qualified, although not essential
Please visit the IDEX Consulting Ltd website for further opportunities. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days of receiving your application. If your application is unsuccessful, the information supplied may still be retained for use in connection with future vacancies. Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.