US Cyber Underwriter
We are the largest independent Managing General Agent (MGA) in the UK. Our focus is speciality lines, niche markets and emerging risks, and we have the largest cyber insurance underwriting team in London. CFC is backed by more than 30 Lloyd’s syndicates and delivers insurance to over 60,000 businesses in more than 60 countries. We’re privately held and growing faster organically than any of our competitors and the market.
Although insurance is a serious business, our culture isn’t too corporate and we never take ourselves too seriously. We are ‘one-team’ and enjoy a culture of openness and encouragement. We invest heavily in the learning and development of our people and enjoy a fast paced working atmosphere that is friendly, supportive, and fun.
As a US Cyber Underwriter, your role is to work closely with the Cyber team on business for US and London based / Lloyd’s brokers. The role will require the candidate to have a background in underwriting (not necessarily cyber focused) and the ability to be an efficient business developer.
Day-to-day, the Underwriter would focus on writing accounts up to $500M, but will also need to be able to work on more complex risk structures and underwrite affinity programs.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Underwrite new and renewal business emanating from the US, in line with expected underwriting profitability margins;
- Underwrite enquiries and queries from brokers, with a core set of brokers to focus on;
- Put up quotes in an efficient manner in line with service standards;
- Business development duties, meeting new brokers and clients, launching new products, with the potential to travel overseas for business development;
- Develop technical knowledge of cyber as a product line, with in-house training provided to supplement any existing knowledge;
- Growth of key brokers as outlined in an appraisal goals document;
- Manage new business and renewal retention numbers for key broker targets;
- Attend relevant industry events both internal and external.
Skills & Abilities
- Operate within a fast paced team environment
- Accurate numeracy skills.
- Good command of the English language, spoken and written.
- Good communications skills, courtesy and patience.
- Confident, energetic and assertive.
- Presentable and have a flexible attitude.
- A desire to grow with a rapidly expanding underwriting team.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ underwriting experience of any product line (London market preferred but not essential).
- Computer literacy with strong skills in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Competence in undertaking policy comparisons.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent work ethic and flexibility with working hours.
Ability to develop a good understanding CFC’s other product lines to enable the ability to cross sell.
Apply for US Cyber Underwriter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly