Policy Wording Technician
Job Role: Policy Wording Technician
Reporting to: Commercial Manager
Salary Bracket: £25,000 to £35,000 per annum
At Coplus we strive to be the first choice insurance solutions provider in the UK by creating market leading insurance and assistance products which deliver excellent customer and business outcomes.
We do this by creating strong relationships with our Broker and Insurer customers, having a 24/7/365 Contact Centre and having scalable and agile technological capability. We do everything we can to provide a high quality service and we put client satisfaction at the forefront of our business. We work in an open and transparent way and are proud of our ‘audit ready’ philosophy, all of which is underpinned by our simple but effective values.
- We have a shared purpose.
- We make a difference.
- We show professionalism.
- We put customers first.
- We are always improving.
At Coplus we welcome positive and can do people who want to contribute to our shared success. We look for fresh ideas and dynamic individuals who are experts at what they do. Our people are our business and we are proud to be Investors In People accredited. We invest in our people to be able to deliver their roles in a high performing environment and to make a difference every day.
What can you expect?
- Salary range: 25k-35k
- Contributory Pension.
- Life Assurance of 4x annual salary (subject to meeting qualifying criteria).
- Private Health Care Insurance after 12 months employment (subject to meeting qualifying criteria).
- 22 Days Annual Leave, plus statutory bank holidays, with additional holiday awarded up to 5 years service.
- Central Norwich location in Norfolk Tower, Surrey Street.
- Close proximity to Bus station.
- Travel Loan Scheme (subject to meeting qualifying criteria).
To manage our wide ranging portfolio of ancillary products, including writing policy wordings and making recommendations for change to existing wording and putting forward new product ideas.
- Review and maintain all policy wordings to ensure that they are compliant, clear and easy to read to the policyholder.
- Keep up to date, review and communicate to the business any regulatory changes that effect policy wordings and be responsible for implementing those changes
- Understand and review product performance and make recommendations of change in order to improve the policy
- Work with our underwriters and manage the sign off of any wording changes within agreed timelines
- Attend internal stakeholder meetings to present your recommendations
- Attend meetings with our underwriters from time to time
- Liaise with our underwriters for new product development where required including supporting the team with day to day enquires on existing product
- Work with the Sales and L&D teams to assist in the creation and sign off of internal and external product training material
- Act in accordance with the Company’s Business Ethics Policy and in line with regulatory and legal requirements
- Ensure product related queries are carried out in accordance with underwriting procedures
- Review broker compliance and trends, taking action as appropriate
- Contribute to and follow at all times, the firm’s policy on Treating Customers Fairly.
- Maintain professional competence by ensuring the department complies at all times with the Training and Competence procedures of the firm.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong customer focus with the ability to build relationships with underwriters and brokers
- Highly organised, able to prioritise work and a strong attention to detail
- Numerate with the ability to analyse information and make decisions
- CII qualified.
- A proven understanding of policy requirement including the ability to clearly read and understand policy wordings
- Experienced track record of writing policy wordings
- Good compliance and FCA knowledge
- Collaboration - ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Initiative to deal with queries.
- Driven to achieve results.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong Market Awareness
Demonstrate the business values at all times:
- Customer First
- Always improving
- Show professionalism
- Shared purpose
- Make a difference
This is an office based role that requires you to work from our city centre office in Norwich. You may be required to attend external meeting with suppliers or brokers from time to time.