Data Protection Manager
A market leading insurance organisation who pride themselves on the service they deliver to their customers are looking to recruit a Data Protection Manager to develop data and information management policies and controls to ensure compliance with new data protection regulation and control data privacy and protection risks within the business.
The role will be based around providing assurance on reduction and mitigation of IT security risk within the business in order to maintain risk in line with the organisations risk appetite.
You will provide overall management of data and information management and improve the use and collection of data across all directorates and develop policies and procedures to support this. You will identify areas where strategy, policy or procedures must be reviewed or areas where staff awareness and training must be provided.
You will assess any changes to policy with regard to data and information management and will be required to manage the information asset register, incident log, data activity reporting and and breaches or escalations.
This is a pivotal role in which you will be the legislative expert on all matters relating to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) ensuring divisional compliance, managing exceptions directly with senior management and the board.
You will directly advise Managers, Directors and the executive board on all matters regarding privacy impact assessments and monitoring performance and compliance in line with new legislation.
You will need:
- Worked in IT and information security within a large, complex organisation
- Worked in or with security infrastructure and security operational functions
- Built successful working relationships and team dynamic
- Appropriate security qualifications and memberships (e.g ISO27001, CISSP, CISM etc.) are desirable
- You will demonstrate the analytical and communications skills required to perform the role
- Ideally educated to degree level
- You will have examples of how you have influenced, shaped and determined process change
- You will promote and embed exceptional data quality and information security principles and lead by example
- Working with large scale IT outsourcing, including use of cloud services
You will be rewarded on your performance and attitude with a highly attractive benefits package including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days holiday, private medical insurance, performance bonus and agile working.
Please visit the IDEX Consulting Ltd website for further opportunities. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days of receiving your application. If your application is unsuccessful, the information supplied may still be retained for use in connection with future vacancies. Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.