Senior Multinational Case Handler
Multinational Case Handler -
Chelmsford, CM1 1WZ
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
The Multinational Client Centre in Chelmsford has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Case Handler on a permanent basis. The role involves working as part of our growing team liaising with both producing underwriting teams and our global network partners to ensure delivery of effective servicing of Global Programmes underwritten by QBE European Producing offices. Global servicing activities will cover the entire insurance lifecycle, including policy administration and cashflow management.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with other areas of the business including Technical Underwriting, Credit Control, MPD, Claims and Compliance will be essential.
- Co-ordinate and control Multinational Programmes written by European Producing offices.
- Communicate and share information with global underwriters / assistants, Local offices, brokers and other interested parties
- Working with producing underwriters to help set up the service structure required for each programme and acting as a subject matter expert on all aspects of multinational administration thereafter to both internal and external parties
- Resolve Programme administration issues referring to Client Manager as required
- Manage local Underwriting input, and policy servicing,
- Prepare, quality check, enhance and finalise proposal assessments.
- Communicate new and renewal case information, handle mid-term changes and manage or oversee the delivery of key stages of the end to end multinational process
- Work closely with the Global Network Team to confirm local market data and communicate as necessary
- Manage local payments, central collections and overall cash position
- Provide support and guidance to Producing and Local offices
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring to less experienced colleagues on Multinational servicing
- Review, quality check and sign off work produced, drafted or completed by Case Handlers
- Conduct peer reviews
- Advise Underwriters/UAs of compliance and regulatory requirements
- Provide regular updates and escalate issues to Client Managers in a timely manner
- Investigate and resolve queries, referring to Client Managers as complexity requires
- Ensure own and network partner Service levels are met to a high level of quality and escalation processes are followed
- Check local policy schedules referring to Wordings team as required
- Oversee Captive and Co-insurance processes
- Second level checking of reinsurance cession slips and directing any follow up action as required
- Arrange, attend and chair meetings with Underwriters, Brokers or Clients either alone or with a Client Manager as required
- Contribute to further development of the Multinational proposition
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player with an ability to develop and maintain good working relationships across a global business
- Adhere to Service Standards, regulatory and compliance requirements
- Multinational or Commercial Insurance background in an underwriting or broking environment
- Understanding of Multinational terminology
- Experience of managing Multinational Programmes
- Strong service orientated work ethic and background in delivery of excellent customer service
- Attention to detail and high level problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, organise and prioritise own workload
- Requires strong collaboration and communication skills as well as an in depth understanding of the international regulatory and legal aspects of territorial insurance covers
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.