We're expanding and are looking for an experienced insurance/reinsurance business analyst to join our team. You will work closely with various stakeholders, Project Managers, QA and IT development teams to produce Agile “user stories” to articulate requirements. You will also conduct user acceptance testing to ensure deliverables meet the initial requirements so we can continue to punch above our weight.
We are an information technology start-up with offices in Central Brighton and in Riga, Latvia, servicing international clients in financial services (insurance / reinsurance / Lloyds Market).
Salary: up to £45,000, depending on experience.
- Understanding the needs of users and priorities of local teams
- Defining and prioritising new features, enhancements and fixes
- Ensuring an excellent and intuitive user experience
- Producing and managing functional documentation, wireframes and acceptance criteria
- Testing and acceptance of new features (or coordinating with external testing consultants)
- Managing the prioritised product backlog, helping to plan development sprints
- Helping to define and evolve the long-term product vision and strategy
- Monitoring and evaluating competitors’ services and the competitive landscape to ensure we are the market leader
- Graduate with IT, finance or business degree
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders both internally and externally to understand their needs and translate these into workable models
- Ability to analyse and document user requirements and create functional documentation
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to think innovatively and strategically
- Being presentable and able to function independently at client sites
- Able to travel at times when required
- Insurance/Reinsurance / London market experience
- Understanding of user-centered design concepts
- Experience working in an Agile environment and managing product backlogs
- Proactive attitude & ability to build relationships quickly
- Front-end / UI testing experience
- Be able to hold your own in technical conversations, working directly with IT or high level partners