Motor Panel Manager
You’ve an in-depth knowledge of motor-related insurance. You’ve also proved that you can build relationships and lead contract negotiations with partners and third-party suppliers. Now take your career forward with one of the UK’s best known and most trusted brands as you keep Saga at the forefront of the market.
With the support of a small team, you’ll oversee the management of our motor insurance panel that drives our business success. It’s a wide-ranging role that will see you work closely with panel members, analyse product performance and take ownership of relationships with underwriters, other external suppliers and partners.
Your goal, in all of this, will be to ensure that we deliver the commercial outcomes required as well as an outstanding service to our customers. An industry expert with the confidence and gravitas to represent Saga in supplier negotiations, you’ll have experience of project management and enabling delivery internally and through third parties. Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills are equally important, combined with the ability to ensure our customers’ expectations are exceeded.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Maintain competitive, market-leading products for Saga, through automation, third party management, market knowledge and intelligent contracting with suppliers.
- Work with all motor panel and motor ancillary members to ensure effective on-going competition, introducing new panel members and other external suppliers / partners, as necessary to deliver Saga’s business needs
- Position Saga as a market-leader in the Motor Insurance sector through facilitating intelligent contracting, underwriting and product development
- Underpin and maintain net price competitiveness consistent with the Saga brand through effective management of third party underwriters
- Enable the product team, through supplier engagement and management, to deliver a strategy of continuous improvement, alongside new product initiatives incorporating key TCF principles
- Work with suppliers to ensure products conform to and incorporate ABI, FSA & TCF regulations & principles
- Own, manage and negotiate relationships with underwriters, other external suppliers and partners as appropriate, including where possible their supply chains
- With third party underwriters, undertake root cause analysis of products to understand key drivers behind MOT results, customer complaints and seek to deliver innovative solutions
- Intervene within the claims process, where necessary, to protect the Saga brand and manage the settlement fund
- Intervene where necessary to ensure the fair and effective resolution of customer disputes
- Maintain effective relationships with management at third parties and within Saga at senior levels
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of general insurance products and practices with particular focus on Motor insurance
- Thorough product and market knowledge, able to come across as credible/heavyweight representative of Saga in supplier negotiations and lead contract negotiations
- First class understanding of underwriting, product management and product development of Motor related insurance products, including ancillaries.
- Skilled project manager, managing product management and development cycle & process through third party underwriters
- Able to ‘own’ relationships with third party suppliers representing and delivering Saga’s business needs and requirements
- Excellent personal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong virtual team management skills with the ability to work collaboratively across functions – team player.
- Customer focussed, able to step in on individual customer queries.
- High levels of drive, enthusiasm and energy – a self-starter
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable working at a detailed level
Demonstrable competence within
- Negotiation and contracting
- Relationship Management
- Supplier Management
- General Insurance
- Managing multi-disciplinary staff across virtual teams
- Project and matrix management
The standard benefits when you join Saga are:
- 28 days holiday
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- Saga Social Club
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Childcare vouchers
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
More searches like this
- Business Development General Insurance jobs in South East England
- Operations General Insurance jobs in South East England
- Business Development Manager General Insurance jobs in South East England
- Management General Insurance jobs in South East England
- Head of Insurance General Insurance jobs in South East England