Commercial Insurance Manager
Our client is a reputable financial services company based on the Channel Islands. Due to continued expansion, they are currently seeking an ACII qualified Commercial Insurance Manager to join their Jersey based office.
The ideal candidate will have had previous management experience within the insurance profession.
This position will be best suited to someone already based on the Channel Island’s, but our client will consider an individual who is current residing on the mainland UK. This position will require relocation to the island of Jersey.
The salary is £40k to £50k (which is negotiable for the right candidate) plus benefits
You will be responsible for;
- Mortgage / life Advisors
- Commercial Insurance Advisors
- General Insurance Advisors
Main Purpose of Role;
- To stipulate the responsibilities and minimum standards that should be adhered by each team member.
- To act as a consultant and advisor in respect of all insurance matters.
- To actively manage the book of commercial customers and manage the day to day activities of the Commercial Insurance department.
- Displays role model behaviours and has a can-do attitude towards work, identifies and coaches’ other staff in their own role.
- Assist staff with queries and assess knowledge gaps whilst implementing training in order to fill such gaps.
- Promotes our client’s business and plays an active part in trying to bring in new business, shares new ideas and does work to back up the idea.
- Has an up to date CPD record and takes it upon himself/herself to go out and get updates and research issues that may affect our client’s business.
- Regularly updates and check the teams CPD records
- Has an exceptional knowledge of industry standards affecting the job and department they are in and regularly displays and shares this knowledge.
- Promote and have a detailed knowledge of the GFSC rules.
- Is aware and has knowledge of the AIR code of conduct
- Monitors attendance and punctuality and keeps suitable records
- Has a detailed knowledge of all products that are sold in the commercial sector
- To have a clear understanding of the complaints process and is first point of call on any escalated cases.
- Reports of all performance of the department as required by the board.
- Is efficient in managing workloads and the team’s workloads and needs to identify any areas where efficiencies can be made.
- Have regular client meetings to review and identify future needs and any change in risk.
- Regularly arranges corporate events and seminars to promote and sell our client’s products.
- Reviews and assesses our client’s main commercial products to ascertain if pricing and suitability is still current and correct for what the business needs.
- Has a part in managing insurer relationships across all business products and provides feedback.