Pricing Analytics Manager
Pricing Analytics Manager
Location: Stratford upon Avon
Salary: £40-55k p.a.
Closing Date: 14-Dec-2018
Pricing at NFU Mutual
Here at NFU Mutual, we enjoy an enviable reputation for trustworthiness and honesty within the insurance industry. We are very much about excelling and exceeding in service so that our customers trust us, and we need to ensure we deliver on that trust.
Within pricing, our purpose is to support our business objectives, but do this in a way that enhances our reputation for integrity – in short, we aim to deliver fair and accurate prices.
Following on from a strategic programme launched in 2015 to fortify pricing at NFU Mutual, there has been substantial investment in both technology and people to deliver a cutting edge hub of expertise.
Our pricing function covers commercial, personal and motor lines of business – everything from large commercial risk to pet insurance. The breadth of the department brings you the opportunity to broaden your skill set and enrich your knowledge.
About the Role
As a Modelling Consultant within the team, you will be responsible for leading the development, implementation and testing of general insurance pricing models. You will continually improve model accuracy and confidence in pricing models around the business through model monitoring and enhancement. You will develop the capability of the team in order to deliver both current and future business requirements.
Other key accountabilities for the role include:
- Develop and embed new analytical and machine learning techniques
- Identifying and testing pricing model data to improve understanding, performance and predictiveness
- In collaboration with Underwriting, make use of expert judgment to ensure rates and rating logic are informed with the benefit of deep insurance and market knowledge
- Building and maintaining influential and two-way relationships with the rest of the Pricing team, as well as with Underwriting to ensure effective delivery
We are seeking an individual with experience of analytical techniques (e.g. GLM) and accountability for the technical development of modelling, ideally within general insurance pricing. Use of R, Emblem or other analytical software is required.
Ideally, you will have experience of building and reviewing pricing models (loss cost or demand models). Experience of machine learning techniques, SQL, Radar and QGIS are all desirable, as is knowledge of personal, commercial or motor insurance products.
Candidates will hold, or be working towards, one of the following: A numerical related Degree, ACII, Accountancy Qualification (ACA/ACCA), MBA or AIA/FIA.
Rewards and Benefits
As a mutual company who rewards its’ members we also like to reward our employees who make this possible. Our reward package includes, but is not restricted to;
- Annual bonus scheme (up to 17.5%)
- 25 days’ holiday (plus Bank Holidays) which increases with service
- Competitive pension scheme (maximum employer contribution is 12%)
- Health and wellbeing plan
- Monthly contribution to your gym membership