Location: Stratford upon Avon
Closing Date: 26-Nov-2018
Pricing at NFU Mutual
Here at NFU Mutual, we enjoy an enviable reputation for trustworthiness and honesty within the insurance industry. We are very much about excelling and exceeding in service so that our customers trust us, and we need to ensure we deliver on that trust.
Within pricing, our purpose is to support our business objectives, but do this in a way that enhances our reputation for integrity – in short, we aim to deliver fair and accurate prices.
Following on from a strategic programme launched in 2015 to fortify pricing at NFU Mutual, there has been substantial investment in both technology and people to deliver a cutting edge hub of expertise.
Our pricing function covers commercial, personal and motor lines of business – everything from large commercial risk to pet insurance. The breadth of the department brings you the opportunity to broaden your skill set and enrich your knowledge.
About the Role
As a Modelling Consultant within the team, you will be responsible for leading the development, implementation and testing of General Insurance pricing models for a defined product range. You will also ensure effective control cycles are implemented in order to maintain market par capability and deliver both current and future business requirements.
Other key accountabilities for the role include;
- Identifying and testing pricing model data to improve understanding, performance and ‘predictiveness‘
- Executing the ‘expert judgement’ process in collaboration with Underwriting, to ensure rates and rating logic are informed with the benefit of deep insurance and market knowledge
- Building and maintaining influential and two-way relationships with the Risk and Street Pricing community, as well as Underwriting to ensure effective delivery
We are seeking an individual with experience of pricing within general insurance, with explicit accountability for the technical development of modelling. You will also have experience of building and using pricing models (GLIMs and/or demand models).
Ideally, you will have had experience of conducting peer reviews of models and will have expert product knowledge for your specific model sector.
Candidates will hold, or be working towards, one of the following: A numerical related Degree, ACII, Accountancy Qualification (ACA/ACCA), MBA or FIA.
Rewards and Benefits
As a mutual company who rewards its’ members we also like to reward our employees who make this possible. Our reward package includes, but is not restricted to;
- Annual bonus scheme (up to 17.5%)
- 25 days’ holiday (plus Bank Holidays) which increases with service
- Competitive pension scheme (maximum employer contribution is 12%)
- Health and wellbeing plan
- Monthly contribution to your gym membership