Self-Employed Account Executive - Start your own Insurance Brokerage
Our client is a large independent broker with an aim to grow the biggest network of Appointed Representatives across the UK.
They are currently seeking ambitious Commercial Account Executives who have become disaffected with corporate life and who are keen to start their own Insurance Broking business.
You may be put off by the risk of making the leap from employment to self-employment, the costs of setting up your own brokerage, the rigours of obtaining FCA approvals, the burden of Compliance and their inability to get adequate levels of service from Insurers who may not be interested in small start-up brokerages.
The solution for you is to set up as an Appointed Representatives through our client’s brokerage.
This opportunity would suit Account Executives with a good customer base or those will an aptitude for sales and the ability to build a book of commercial business – and you can be based anywhere in the UK.
As part of the offering, you will receive full back office support. The team is large and experienced offering a full suite of services (Account Handling, Administration, Credit Control, Marketing, Claims handling, PR, Website design/maintenance, PI cover).
Some of the benefits of becoming an AR are included below:-
- Control – It’s your business
- Client ownership – you own your customer base, providing the opportunity to create a valuable asset
- Easy set-up - you can work from anywhere in the world by using a paperless office
- You will receive superb ‘back office’ support for Account Handling, Broking, Claims, Credit Control, Marketing and compliance matters etc.
- Buying power - You will have access to hundreds of markets, both composite and Lloyds markets.
- FCA approval. As an Appointed Representative you would benefit from our clients FCA authorisation which can take in excess of 6 months if going directly authorised
- Professional Indemnity Insurance - This is automatically provided when you become an Appointed Representative
- You will receive comprehensive marketing support including help with campaigns, PR to help launch/ sell the AR business in their given areas and website design
- The new IT system in place is bespoke to the needs of AR’s, accessible anywhere in the world, paperless and available 24:7, 365 days per year
- An AR will feel secure in the knowledge their business will be looked after by their team
You will keep a high percentage of all earnings, inclusive of fees and Premium Finance Overriders. It is also important to note that, unlike other networks, our client makes no other charges for their services.
- Ideally, a minimum of 3 years in a client facing position with a broker, most often gained in an Account Executive role controlling a book of business.
- CII or progress towards is preferred.
- You will require a computer/lap top, printer and a mode of transport.
Our clients AR offering is growing significantly but it is important to stress that their own acceptance criteria is set at a high level so anyone gaining AR status can be satisfied that they are on the right track for success.
Many of our clients Appointed Representatives have eventually grown to a scale where they feel comfortable to obtain their own FCA approvals and to start trading as independent Insurance Brokers and a key part of their proposition is to help them to achieve their ambitions.
Apply for Self-Employed Account Executive - Start your own Insurance Brokerage
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly