Head of Catastrophe Research
HFG are working on an exciting opportunity for a Head of Catastrophe research within a leading Lloyd’s of London insurer. This is a fantastic role combining academic catastrophe research with commercial and strategic decision making through the development and use of market leading modelling and analysis.
The Head of Catastrophe Research will lead a team in shaping and directing the future focus of catastrophe modelling and helping the business develop a market leading view of risk and approach to risk selection and management. The team will focus across both modelled and non-modelled risks working closely and in conjunction with the wider catastrophe risk and exposure management teams and senior underwriting heads.
Experience and skills;
· Ability to lead and manage a research function and shape the strategic focus of the catastrophe risk Functions.
· Expert understanding of vendor models and ability to validate, adjust and develop models.
· A detailed understanding of different perils and regions across both Treaty and direct classes.
· Previous experience in developing in-house catastrophe models.
· Excellent modelling skills including , SQL, VBA, R, Python