Commercial Property Loss Adjuster
Competitive package - including company car (or allowance), laptop, smart phone, iPad, healthcare, pension, professional study support / incentives, various other benefits you would expect from a global organisation with a strong employee-focus.
Sedgwick is a world leader in the provision of claims management and loss adjusting solutions. In addition to our award winning range of traditional adjusting services, we are also at the digital forefront where we use emerging video technologies to supplement our claim processes and further improve the excellent service which we already offer to our client`s and their customers.
As a Commercial Project Managing Adjuster (PMA) within our Commercial PMA Team, you will be desk-based working either from home or from one of our 16 commercial office locations in the UK. You will use smart phone video technology to conduct `virtual` site inspections and interviews with customers, make early liability decisions and appoint appropriate contractors or other specialist services to move the claim forward. You will then manage all aspects of the claim to their conclusion, all of this being done within market-leading timeframes. You will be given complete autonomy to act as claim owner and decision maker from the desk for claims normally up to a value of £25,000. You will be responsible for delivering the highest technical quality and customer satisfaction whilst achieving maximum efficiency.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Single point of contact for the customer, client, broker & suppliers
- Claim, information & supplier project management
- All cost control and payments
Expected claim volume for this role is around 18 - 20 new claims per month. However, the position is flexible, and our Commercial PMAs are also expected to service additional claim volume driven by occasional surge periods so that client service requirements are delivered and high levels of customer satisfaction maintained at all times.
Whilst this is a desk-based role, the preferred candidate will have at least two years experience working in the field as a commercial property loss adjuster. Applications from highly experienced commercial claim handlers from an internal environment will also be considered. You will be an excellent communicator, self motivated and show a disciplined approach towards our proven new PMA claim process. You will also be a confident user of smart phone technology and will show a flexibility and willingness to embrace change in this emerging, fast-moving modern claims handling environment. Above all else, you will be someone who shows a very clear passion for the customer and who has the drive and commitment to deliver absolute customer satisfaction.
In return for your hard work and efforts, we will provide you with all of the tools you need to perform your role and to maximise your feeling of job satisfaction.
You will :
- Preferably, be able to demonstrate experience of field based loss adjusting, commercial loss adjusting experience, although highly experienced internal commercial claims handlers will also be considered.
- Be experienced in handling commercial property claims on a cradle-to grave basis.
- Show a commitment towards gaining the relevant knowledge and skill for the professional and technical requirements of the job.
- Be motivated, conscientious, self-sufficient and be able to work under your own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service ethics and a driven approach towards achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Have effective communication and negotiation skills, including the ability to write detailed reports, although training will be given on the latter if required.
- Show a willingness to embrace innovative working practices and advances in new technologies.
- Have a basic grasp of BI claims
- Ideally have or be progressing towards ACII and/or ACILA qualifications
- Be flexible and adaptable during times of surge.
- Have a positive mindset with the ability to positively influence others around you
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Be conversant with Apple software
- Be confident and detailed with data entry requirements
This is an exciting opportunity within an emerging growth area in the commercial property claims adjusting market. Working in partnership with Sedgwick will help you to unlock your full potential and could lead you to a long, fulfilling and rewarding career in claims management and loss adjusting. Investment in our employees and providing them with the platform they need to develop their talents, is unrivalled in our market sector. We see this as the key to our own continued development and growth and to providing our clients and their customers with the truly market leading service they are looking for.
Applicants who are successful at interview will be, as part of pre-employment screening, subject to: ID document verification, credit check, address verification, employment verification, employment gap verification, UK DBS, UK financial regulator search, anti-money laundering search, directorship search and global watch list check.
Sedgwick is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. We aim to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.