Senior Manager - FRM
My client is a well-know Life Insurance company in Malaysia and currently seeking high calibre Life Actuary to lead its FRM team. Responsibilities include:
- Development and usage of key performance management info every month via business statistics report and persistency reports. Present insights through various platforms. Work with key stakeholders to implement initiatives.
- Lead annual surplus recommendation and distribution exercise.
- Review SAA of the company’s funds and recommend strategies that balance risk / return.
- Ensure strong modelling controls around the deliverables, with no "significant improvement needed" audit rating, no external audit issues, no actuarial related regulatory compliance breaches.
- Lead IFRS17 implementation for Actuarial. Have a plan to prepare the team for IFRS 17 transition. Work together with Finance team on the plan and have quarterly updates to relevant stakeholders on IFRS 17 progress.
- Ensure appropriateness of assumptions in view of emerging experience and management actions.
- Review current processes to improve efficiency and accuracy of results.
- Support product rationalization for migration to new policy administration system.
- To carry out any ad-hoc project as assigned by the supervisor.
- Degree and/or Professional Qualification in Actuarial Sciences.
- Candidates who are qualified or near to qualified with a broad range of technical skills and experiences across the actuarial spectrum of work
- At least 8 years related working experience in Takaful or Insurance industry.