Senior Claims Adjuster - Cyber/Tech
To adjust Cyber/Tech claims within a designated individual authority limit and assist in the technical administrative support along with management and control of a claims portfolio to provide a prompt and efficient service to the market and to protect the Company's financial interests by ensuring the validity of claim payments and adequate reserving.
- Assisting Deputy Head and Head of FinPro Claims to organise and manage the resources and workload of the FinPro Claims Team as regards designated 'standard and complex tranche' claims.
- Working with market technology as required, adjust and authorise claim settlements and fees within a designated individual authority limit, escalating claims referrals as required.
- Liaise and negotiate with clients, brokers, loss adjusters and lawyers in the adjustment and settlement of claims, including UK and overseas travel, where necessary.
- Work closely with and audit external service providers.
- Assist with the preparation for and participate in TPA auditing as required.
- Deal with telephone or correspondence queries for brokers and clients or make appropriate referrals.
- Manage technical administration such as 'static claims' and organise the provision of administrative services, maintain records and provide management information.
- Operate and utilise the in-house IT system and that of external service providers for data input, reporting, data interrogation and report generation as required.
- Basic oversight duties of TPA's MI.
- Produce weekly claims handling statistics to the Claims Manager to enable effective monitoring of Claims.
- Monitor aggregate excess programmes.
- Oversee and manage the provision of claims experience and renewal reports for underwriters, brokers and clients.
Skills & experience
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent formal education qualification
- ACII qualified or working towards or legally qualified
- Minimum 5+ years related experience in the London Market in Cyber/Tech claims
- Understanding of Cyber/Tech claims
- Good interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication, organisation, numerical and verbal reasoning, analytical
- Good IT skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar packages, Database software
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing: attention to detail is essential
- Willingness to mix tasks and work in a changing environment, to achieve the efficient operation of the claims team
- Strong organisational and analytical skill, able to prioritise