Trade Finance Transactor - 12 month Mat Cover (PT Considered)
The Trade Finance Transactor will provide structuring, deal management and monitoring for Trade Finance (TF) flow trade transactions and support of the same type for TF portfolio securitised-type structures, to enable profitable and sustainable growth
This is a 12 month fixed term contract, for maternity leave. Part Time - 4 days a week will be considered.
Main duties/Accountabilities/Key Performance Indicators
- Take ownership of transactional due diligence, structuring and commercial underwriting of trade transactions from origination to execution including analysing structural risks and mitigants, eligibility criteria, sizing credit reserves/deductibles, modelling and premium/ fee setting and provide support on the same where relevant
- Overseeing new TF Flow enquiries to ensure they are being dealt with in timely manner and consistent message is conveyed to the market on AIG's risk appetite and underwriting criteria including direct communication with broker/ client
- Manage negotiations of policy, trade and funding documentation to protect AIG's interests and meet client requirements and liaise closely with legal team on same
- Complete insurance quotations and transaction summaries/ credit memoranda for internal stakeholders including prepare deal memos on transactions to properly document transactions end to end
- Liaise closely with risk and credit underwriters and credit committees to obtain appropriate approvals and validate structures
- Liaise with relevant AIG business departments (tax, accounting, compliance, on boarding, legal, new product development, vendor/ business partner onboarding, operations) on transactions
- Work with team of gathering inputs for the TF Portfolio monte carlo modelling approach
- Take ownership of the monitoring of live trade transactions including data receipt, structural changes, endorsements and renewals
- Ensure prompt responses are sent to any incoming requests from brokers
- Proactively liaise with brokers regarding i) renewals to ensure that any information required by risk/Credit is promptly received ii) policy wordings to ensure they are in line with local practices at AIG offices globally.
- Monitoring oversight and technology use for trade finance portfolio transactions, ensuring all operational issues are dealt with smoothly
Strategic product development and communications
- Engage with and support sales initiatives and development of communications for brokers, banks, and other distribution stakeholders
- Attend informal social events with brokers/banks as appropriate to build relationships with origination team.
- Liaise with Aronova technologies (AIG-affiliated trade finance tech) to ensure the system operates smoothly banks and corporates that support our trade finance policies
- Support origination strategies and engage with prospects including managing certain client relationships
Competencies and Experience
- Transactional experience in trade finance a plus (receivables, confirmed payables, supply chain finance, guarantees, letters of credit, trade loans etc.) or equivalent in corporate/ other banking/funder environment or transacting large insurance programmes
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, presentations
- Strong organisational skills and project management
- Ability to manage time pressure, deadlines and competing tasks/ prioritise
- Ability to handle a varied workload in a diverse and growing portfolio.
- Proven decision making skills
- Interpersonal skills - team player with internal and external stakeholders/ clients
- Ambitious individual who is commercially focussed and able to present to internal and external stakeholders
- Analytical thinker and self-motivated to manage several large new business projects at once, whilst dealing with existing transactions.
- Business acumen
- Ability to work in a changing environment
Technical skills & knowledge
- Expertise in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, basic transactional modelling and forecasting a plus
- Competent in IT packages and institutional systems
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.