Assistant Financial Accountant
- Assist in the monthly posting and reconciliation of journal entries from key front-end systems
- Additional responsibility for quarter end journal prep and analysis necessary to finalise US GAAP result
- Responsibility for specific quarterly balance sheet reconciliation and follow up.
- Liaise with underwriting teams to formulate quarterly GWP commentary
- Assist in the preparation of external reporting returns to both Lloyd's and the PRA.
- Work towards building insurance accounting knowledge and the business.
- Work as part of the team to meet all reporting obligations.
- Strong academic background
- University degree having achieved a minimum of 2:1 qualification
- Proven ability to learn quickly and ambitious
- Willingness to continue to develop knowledge of Insurance and related issues through formal and informal learning
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload
- Attention to detail
- Team player with ability to work on a stand-alone basis
- Good communication skills
- Experience of identifying and implementing better processes
- Some knowledge of general insurance and its underlying principles would be beneficial, not essential.
- Started an accountancy qualification, such as, ACCA or CIMA and looking to continue with it.
- Experience of working in a finance team and application of accounting fundamentals.
- Accustomed to working with a general ledger system (Peoplesoft or similar)
- Proven record of using Excel (minimum of pivot tables and basic functions such as vlookup)