Energy Casualty Underwriter
AIG's underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG's tradition of innovation, bringing to market groundbreaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG's underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
Key Responsibilities -
- Assess and underwrite prospect business and renewal accounts in line with your underwriting authority, as well as the AIG's business strategy and underwriting guidelines.
- Work closely together with our risk engineering, claims and analytical support teams to assess risk quality and loss exposures, determine appropriate pricing and ensure operational efficiency.
- Negotiate contract terms with brokers and clients.
- Adhere to company procedures and documentation management standards. Ensure that underwriting information is maintained accurately in underwriting systems.
- Foster strong business relationships with external and internal business partners.
- Gain a thorough understanding of our clients' businesses to develop effective insurance solutions.
- Attend client/broker meetings, presentations and relevant industry events on behalf of the company.
- Participate in special underwriting projects as required.
- Work cross functionally with other underwriting teams in AIG to achieve corporate objectives
- Fully embrace Commercial Target Operating Model
- Adhere to Underwriting Authority, Business Rules and Guidelines at all time
- Comply with regulatory, risk management, compliance and audit requirements
- Support personal development of others, including consultations, referrals, and ad hoc training
Sourcing Quality Business
- Communicate AIG Risk Appetite and Value Proposition to partner brokers/clients.
- Promote identified "growth" industries/segments, manage expectations relating to exit industries/segments.
- Lead creation of a strong pipeline of target accounts (mono and multi-line) effectively with AIG colleagues and brokers.
- Evaluate and prioritise received submission, select those to proceed for full Technical pricing.
- Apply underwriting judgment to pricing model results to generate a target price. Suggest coverage terms/conditions and structure options for quoting, negotiating on new business and renewals.
- Ensure technical price, deal structure and suggested coverage terms/conditions adhere to Underwriting Guidelines.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of rating tools to facilitate hand off data to Actuarial teams.
- Promote Best Practice within underwriting team.
- Ensure full and timely completion of underwriting files
- Optimise AIG's position through appropriate use of reinsurance.
- Work with actuarial units, finance teams, and business units across the organisation to understand actuarial model applications and stakeholder requirements.
- Actively seek out ways to build your Industry expertise & benchmark pricing. Learn more about risk evaluation through formal and informal opportunities.
Sales and Negotiation
- Work with brokers/clients to understand the requirement for optimal deal structure, term, and AIG Services that best meets clients' needs.
- Obtain additional UW information from brokers/clients as may be required on each new or renewal submission.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions, deal structure and service proposition with brokers /clients.
- Maintain average price of allocated portfolio of new business accounts at "technical" or "Underwriting Guide Price" and renewal accounts within agreed rate movement parameters.
- Develop strong, long term relationships with external stakeholders.
- Deliver agreed internal and external Service Level Agreements/requirements.
- Interface with a support team to transmit submission information.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Underwriting or brokerage experience in the Energy Casualty segment is preferred.
- A very good technical understanding of both Casualty insurance and Energy risks is preferred.
- Ability to communicate reasoning behind generated premium, terms and conditions.
- Awareness of developments and trends in the Commercial Insurance sector relating to Casualty/Energy
- Strong analytical skills and proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Results oriented and highly accountable.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment making quick decisions while adhering to a sound underwriting discipline.
- Fluent English (verbal and written).
- Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.