Delegated Underwriting Technician
3 days left
- Contract Type
HFG are working with a leading Lloyd's Syndicate in their search for a Delegated Underwriting Technician.
Skills and Experience:
- Pre & post contract checks for lead coverholders, binders, master policies and consortium (and lineslips where required) to ensure in line with Delegated Underwriting policy.
- Oversee ongoing due diligence of coverholders, brokers – including chasing brokers, Coverholders and relevant TOBA’s.
- Support the management team in undertaking new coverholder approvals, and applications to Lloyd’s where appropriate.
- Conduct Risk Coverholder Segmentation reviews.
- Draft direct dealing contracts & any endorsements as and when required/requested.
- Interaction with Atlas and BAR.
- Peer Review of contract checks as appropriate.
- Responding to Xchanging queries on direct business.
- Liaise with outsource partners and undertake sample peer review when required/requested.
- Provide assistance to underwriters as required in relation to other aspects of delegated underwriting including technical advice, coverholder approval and binding authority audit reviews.
- Scoping and review of audits for existing coverholders under the oversight of the DUA Audit Analyst.
- Organise the workflow management system and allocate it to the appropriate technician.
- Take ownership of the MI reporting process for DUM, working closely with the other technicians and Audit Analysts to run MI reports and assist with analysis.
- Provide commentary for internal committee reporting packs, regular regulatory reporting and ad-hoc MI requests from the business.
- Ownership of the collation of the Coverholder Committee pack and administrative activities associated with this committee.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of delegated authority practices, preferably at Lloyd's
- General insurance knowledge
- Experience of drafting and checking binding authority contracts
- LLMIT pass as minimum or part qualified CII (minimum Certificate level) an advantage
- Numerate and IT literate (preferably experience in Atlas, BAR and BDX)
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel is essential for this role.
Apply for Delegated Underwriting Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly