Actuarial Reserving Process Analyst
Actuarial professionals with expertise in quantitative analysis, insurance pricing, loss reserving, and risk quantification are integral to AIG's success. We have dedicated Finance Actuaries that play a critical role in assessing the reserve need and thereby ensuring strong financial condition of AIG's insurance operating companies around the world. Our Portfolio Analytics and Pricing Actuaries focus on directly supporting AIG's businesses and are responsible for technical pricing, product development analytics, performance monitoring and measurement, as well as assessment of reinsurance needs. This team also works with marketing, operations, and financial management to achieve AIG's business objectives.
- Assist in maintaining an understanding of the different Reserving processes across the team and their dependencies.
- Assist with the documentation of processes for controls purposes (including SOX).
- Assist in building and handing over incremental process changes throughout the team.
- Help to co-ordinate the build of larger process changes throughout the team.
- Drive operational efficiency through the team by identifying and automating processes or making processes more efficient.
- Support ad hoc data requests from stakeholders.
- Support simple ad hoc reserving requests.
- Assist with the wider actuarial team on reserving activities as and when required.
Technical Skills and Expertise
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- Experience with building and future-proofing actuarial processes.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Student member of an Actuarial Institute
- Able to plan, organise and deliver a small of package work.
- Have a flexible attitude to work.
- Knowledge of VBA, SQL and Oracle advantageous
- Experience in use and development of Tableau or similar data visualization tools
- Professional behaviour with high level of integrity.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.