UK Head of Casualty
Reporting to the CEO of (UK) and International Head of Casualty, this position will develop and execute the regional Product Line strategy in accordance with the International product strategy, underwriting framework and pricing guardrails. This role will have accountability for regional talent management and overall responsibility for the regional Product P&L. This role will service as a member of the UK Executive Committee and may also be required to attend various Board committees to represent Casualty from time to time.
- Develop & execute the regional strategy in line with the International Product Strategy
- Responsible for regional product P&L - execute against growth and profitability goals and objectives, including managing and developing regional budgets in collaboration with International
- Drive profitable growth strategy for the region in line with International Product framework
- Manages key broker and client relationships across the region.
- Work closely with pricing actuaries to assess opportunities and put framework in place to achieve optimal result for current and future products
- Drive underwriting excellence across the minor line Products, in collaboration with the CUO, by establishing and ensuring adherence to risk appetite, line setting, standards and guidelines, and ensure rating and pricing adequacy.
- Responsible for delegating underwriting authority in the region in accordance with the CUO framework and as cascaded by International Product Leader.
- Oversee portfolio management to direct strategic underwriting decisions to ensure financial and underwriting objectives are achieved
- Establish strong relationships with Regional leadership; create mutual understanding of overall product strategy & distribution to drive effective execution of business model & drive collaborative behaviour with leadership team across the wider business.
- In partnership with Claims leader ensure a reputation of Claims excellence & service delivery in the marketplace.
- Develop tools and strategies, in collaboration with HR, to attract and retain top industry talent and develop high performing teams.
- People management to include; Training and Development plans, and responsible for continuous development of staff
- Drive a culture that promotes collaboration, diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrate understanding of regulatory and compliance processes and engages with non-client /broker external stakeholders such as the Board and regulators, as required
- UK GPW: $560m NPW: $330m
- Strategic and result oriented, managing vision and purpose, developing organizational capability
- Strong influencing and communications skills and ability to work across multiple areas of company and industries
- Change and team leadership
- External thought leadership
- Proven experience with multiple minor line product oversight
- Successful management of business with comparative scale and complexity
Technical Skills and Expertise:
- Broad based, UK insurance industry experience including exposure to the UK markets, and experience of successfully managing operations with similar complexity and scale.
- UK market and technical underwriting experience in Employers Liability, General Liability, Auto, Environmental and Crisis Management
- Proven track record of delivering profitable growth and expense management in a sizable and relevant general insurance product line in the UK market.
- Strong business acumen, with a proven track record of making sound judgment backed by strong analytical, quantitative, process and systems skills.
- Knowledge of the UK market segmentation, portfolio management and distribution.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.