Legal Counsel (Insurance)
AIG, a leading global insurer, is seeking an insurance lawyer for their growing Financial Lines team, assisting primarily warranty and indemnity, tax and contingent liability underwriters with policy wordings, coverage issues and claims. Reporting to M&A Group Counsel, EMEA and Asia Pacific, you will be working with a creative team of underwriters and lawyers, developing new coverage ideas, assisting adjusters in complex claims and developing new insurance products.
- Advise underwriters on policy wordings for W&I, tax and contingent insurance policies;
- Advising on a wide range of ad hoc legal and regulatory matters affecting the International M&A insurance business (including sanctions, regulatory and compliance issues);
- Support technical development of new transaction insurance products and related projects;
- Undertaking legal research where required.
- UK, European or Commonwealth qualified insurance lawyer;
- Strong technical knowledge of commercial insurance;
- Strong written and oral communication skills; proficient drafter of legal and commercial documents;
- Adaptable and able to work independently;
- Confident operating internationally and across different jurisdictions;
- Ability to negotiate with commercially and legally sophisticated advisors and clients;
- Focused, enthusiastic and creative thinker;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaboratively work in support of a fast paced transactional team.
- Experience advising on warranty and indemnity insurance claims;
- European language skills;
- Prior in-house experience.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.