Our major client has a new opportunity for an Underwriter to work in their Schemes Department.
As Underwriter you will be responsible for assessing and binding all in scope risks across multiple lines of business. Also you will assist in all general underwriting administration to ensure the efficient working of the team.
The main responsibilities of the Underwriter's role include:
- Strict adherence to Underwriting Authority and all internal procedures.
- Compliance with the Delegated Underwriting Authority from Insurers.
- Meet service standards of the business and Insurers to bind and process risks within agreed timescales.
- Building and maintaining excellent working relationships within the business to maximise take up of the Facility.
- Reviewing progress and efficiency of the Facility with Insurers.
To be a successful Underwriter in this role you will demonstrate:
- Underwriting experience.
- Ability to communicate with people at a variety of levels, both internally and externally.
- Good understanding of Insurance principles.
- Able to work at pace in a structured environment.