Senior Underwriter - Commercial Institutions
Senior Underwriter - Commercial Institutions
Your future team
AIG's underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG's tradition of innovation, bringing to market ground-breaking insurance
solutions for our changing world. AIG's underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a
range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic
events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a "go-to" source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
This role will contribute to the growth of the Financial Lines, Commercial Institutions by: driving the business plans for our London business development through - Underwriting new and renewal business; developing and maintaining relationships with existing brokers; assisting in CI including D&O product development and thought leadership; and executing the annual CI strategies.
What we are looking for:
- Meet individual underwriting expectations to help team achieve budgeted financial objectives.
- Proven track record of developing D&O new business in the London Market.
- Meet the budgeted team retention targets for the London Commercial Institutions Team.
- A solid experience in underwriting Commercial D&O within agreed decision making standards, limitations, and underwriting authority
- Assess desirability of risk through analysis of financial reports and accounts (as required); regular contact with broker; thorough review of proposal; and review of claims history and general company information
- Use designated Underwriting system(s) to streamline underwriting and information-tracking approach across Profit Centre. Input required data consistently and accurately as required.
Customer and Sales:
- Proven track record of providing excellent service to brokers through consistent, timely, and proactive approach to Underwriting & business development.
- Exhibit sales orientated behaviors, defined by Management as: motivated, tenacious, production focused, technically skilled, proactive, and accountable.
- Generate new business by expanding broker network, attending broker events, and building new relationships across the market.
- Be responsible for meeting larger proportion of new business target(s).
- Provide excellent service to brokers through consistent, timely, and proactive approach to underwriting.
- Serve as guide and/or referral point for Underwriters.
- Support other Underwriters and help develop networking opportunities as they arise
- Establish strong existing relationships with brokers, maintaining those relationships through attending and organizing regular broker events.
- Ensure all brokers and clients are treated fairly.
- Ensure customer-centric approach.
- Support team building and team strategies and goals.
- Ensure contract certainty.
- Conduct self-audit/Peer-Review as required.
- Ensure compliance with key regulatory and risk management responsibilities, including but not limited to audits, sanctions, expenses, this list is not exhaustive, is just an example.
- Underwriting experience is required,
- Commercial D&O Underwriting experience very valuable
- Strong communication skills
- Time management - ability to handle multiple priorities, organise work and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyse financial statements
- Ability to network and build relationships
- Organizational skills
- Customer and sales focused
- Tenacious, motivated, proactive, can produce results
- Able to work in a cooperative team environment
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.