Complex Claims Adjuster - Financial Lines
Your future team
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world's leading insurance provider. Claims at AIG are a combination of different functions, business divisions such as Life & Retirement and General Insurance, and Global Claims, which makes us unique at AIG.
We are seeking a Financial Lines Claims Adjuster, to deal with a mixed case load of financial lines claims including Directors and Officers Liability, (D&O) and Professional Indemnity (PI) claims on a UK and global basis, from notification through to resolution of claims. Role will be client facing and in addition to coverage, legal liability and quantum analysis, will include considerable interaction with brokers, insureds, external providers and internal stakeholders.
Your contribution at AIG
- As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a "go-to" source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
- Able to demonstrate experience in handling complex D&O and PI claims.
- Ability to handle and investigate all claims in accordance with company standards and procedures and demonstrate accurate and timely reserving.
- Promote compliance with best practice for all aspects of claims assessment/handling and actively promote and demonstrate principles of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF).
- Support to the Claims Manager and claims team on an ongoing basis and work closely with underwriters providing feedback on claims issues, working and market trends.
- Proactively identify and review suspect/fraudulent claims on a consistent basis in line with company internal requirements.
- Foster good relationships with internal and external customers and drive excellent customer service.
What we are looking for
- Successful candidates will have a successful track record of PI and D&O claims handling and a detailed working knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment within with such claims are handled.
- A legal qualification or a financial lines claims adjuster or litigator
- Strong judgement with ability to make sound decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Articulate and confident in a meeting/presentation environment.
- Strong negotiation skills and an ability to engage with claimants in a succinct and coherent manner.
- Self-motivated, pro-active team member, while taking individual responsibility for an allocated case load
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.