Head of Member and Broker Development
Charles Taylor’s Managed Services, UK & International (MSUKI) Business has a fabulous opportunity for a Head of Member and Broker Development to join our largest mutual, to direct, manage and be accountable for the business development activities of The Standard Club and The Strike Club. The Head of Business Development will grow and enhance those businesses (80%) and support acquisition of new marine clients for MSUKI (20%).
The successful jobholder will be a member of the MSUKI executive team, reporting to the Managing Director, Standard UK. This is an excellent opportunity to drive the strategic development and growth of two leading marine insurance mutuals, while leveraging the brand, profile, market knowledge and distribution network of a larger organisation with a strong track-record in building new businesses.
Your key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Ensuring that the business development function is carried out in accordance with both Club’s boards’ policies, risk appetites and tolerances.
- Developing, updating and implementing a business development plan, with goals, objectives, targets, timescale and financial implications and coordinating business development activities of the division.
- Supervising the operation of a contacts / customer relationship management system to track business development activities and results.
- Directing the club’s participation in specific existing and new projects, as agreed, and to develop and manage plans, identify accountable persons, oversee execution, and ensure and measure their success.
- Visiting members and potential members and brokers and attending conferences, seminars, etc as appropriate.
- Supporting MSUKI’s ambition to win additional marine mutual clients, by (a) extending our understanding of the global marine mutual landscape, and (b) working with the Performance and Strategy Director and the Business Development Director to identify and develop opportunities
- Promoting the business development work internally and throughout the CT group, achieving cross-selling wherever possible within P&I and CT generally.
Desired Skill and Experience:
- Experience of effective business development is essential
- Relationship management is critical to success. You will need to engage collaboratively with all stakeholders, rather than a sole focus on driving performance using numerical targets
- First class communication and presentation skills with ability to synthesise confusing, contradictory inputs
- The ability to apply process and structure to everyday issues
- Working with underwriters to help customer segmentation and prioritisation
This leadership role is very much about looking forward, growing the business with purpose whilst not compromising on quality. For this position we are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours or flexible start or finish times.
Some knowledge and experience of the insurance sector, and of P&I insurance would be helpful.