Your future team
AIG's underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG's tradition of innovation, bringing to market ground-breaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG's underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
Your contribution at AIG
As a Leader, you are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mind-set. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
We are pleased to be recruiting for an M&A Underwriter to join our high-performing global team. You will undertake a process of legal, financial and commercial risk analysis for M&A deals, with a view to providing clients with a bespoke insurance solution that allows them to meet their transaction objectives. Your activities will be centred on underwriting corporate transaction deals across all sizes, jurisdictions and sectors of business, carrying out detailed warranty and indemnity analysis, developing and marketing new business, assisting with new product development and developing new and existing broker and client relationships.
The roles activities will be focused on the underwriting of corporate transaction risks in conjunction with the other members of the M&A team, to deliver timely and bespoke transaction insurance documents on transaction risk deals. Supporting management with the implementation of agreed strategies for growing the book of business. Developing commercially successful relationships with M&A production and distribution sources - with focus on brokers, law firms, investment banks, accountants, and private equity funds. Regularly attending and presenting at external client meetings, commercial and legal seminars with a view to building relationships. Propose and develop new transaction insurance products.
What we are looking for:
- UK (or commonwealth) qualified lawyer preferred, or other relevant M&A transactional experience such as tax or accounting
- Strong technical knowledge in relation to negotiating and managing M&A transactions
- Excellent legal, technical and business development skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills; extremely proficient drafter of legal and commercial documents
- Ability to negotiate with commercially and legally sophisticated advisors and clients
- Highly focused, enthusiastic and creative thinker
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaboratively work with local financial lines team
- Ability to understand and execute commercial decision making in a context of legal risk assessment
- Experience underwriting M&A insurance
- Specific experience with insurance sector or other financial institutions
- European language skills
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.