Principal Insurance Officer
Principal Insurance Officer
£33,948 - £37,842
Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first
About the job
As part of the Council's commitment to provide high quality and efficient services, we are looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Insurance specialist who can support all Council services and the Risk and Insurance Manager with the aim of minimising the Council’s exposure to financial loss and liability. The main duties of the Principal Insurance Officer post is to ensure efficient operation of the Council's insurance claims process, administer and manage insurance policies, manage the tendering of the insurance contracts, record claims alongside processing information on incidents involving actual or potential financial loss.
This involves regular contact with other Council services, insurers, loss adjusters, solicitors and with members of the public. Duties will also involve producing regular financial reports on the Council's insurance position and management reports on claims from the insurance software system (LACHS).
About the person
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who has experience of working within an Insurance Team to manage a portfolio of complex or high-profile claims and seek, at all times, to deliver a high quality service against agreed targets and timescales. Local government experience is desirable but not essential, however the successful applicant must be able to lead and negotiate significant insurance tenders and renewals.
The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to build strong working relationships, engage and influence stakeholders at all levels within the Council. This post requires a highly motivated individual who is outcome focused, with strong team working skills and has a history of working in the Insurance field. Strong IT skills are essential for this role and experience of Microsoft, Google and insurance software packages would be beneficial. Full training and professional development support will be provided for the successful candidate.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about the post please email Stephanie Rao on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Closing date: 23 July 2019.
Interview date: 30 July 2019.