To assist the Head of Compliance in establishing a Compliance framework of systems and controls that simultaneously allow the business to function effectively and efficiently while at the same time, being compliant with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements. The role also comes with Company Secretarial responsibilities.
To assist in and provide support for the following areas:
- Development of the Annual Compliance Plan and the performance of Compliance Plan activities;
- Responding to queries and requests raised by business units and to provide advice and guidance including but not limited to all aspects of the PRA/FCA Handbooks and the impact and implication of Lloyd's Acts Byelaws, Bulletins, Guidance and Minimum Standards;
- Undertaking regulatory projects delegated by the Compliance Officer/Head of Compliance and other members of the senior management team;
- Drafting, updating and implementing policies and procedures to ensure and evidence compliance with current legal and regulatory requirements;
- The maintenance and further development of exception reporting to identify breaches in controls and procedures, and to assist in the identification, prompt reporting and rectification of breaches;
- Acting as the compliance contact for compliance matters arising out of our overseas entities
- To carry out duties in a manner that always drives fair outcomes for our customers, and generally supports the work of the Compliance function and the Product Oversight Group in meeting these specific regulatory requirements;
- Assisting in the preparation of Quarterly Board Meeting packs;
- To assist in providing support to and supervising the Compliance Assistant;
- To attend meetings in the absence of the Head of Compliance;
- Any other work as required by the Head of Compliance and Senior Management as may be requested from time to time.
Experience and skills required:
- Proven track record of experience and knowledge of the PRA/FCA Regulatory Regime and Lloyd's regulations, franchise minimum standards and financial crime (AML/Sanctions/Bribery and Corruption) obligations and requirements.
- Confident, with the ability to get on well with others,
- Be a genuine team player within the Compliance Function and more widely in the business.
- Ability to communicate compliance issues clearly to others both verbally and in writing at all levels within the business and to external stakeholders,
- Resourcefulness in new or different work situations to help the business,
- Shows initiative in problem solving but know when to ask for assistance,
- Takes responsibility for their work and actions
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and Word, Powerpoint.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.