Head of Commercial D&O
Head of Commercial D&O
Your future team
AIG's underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG's tradition of innovation, bringing to market ground-breaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG's underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
Your contribution at AIG
The quality of Senior Leadership is a defining factor for a company's success. Senior Leaders are responsible for developing business strategies and/or translating those strategies into meaningful outcomes and ultimately, business results. As a Senior Leader, you reach across geographical and functional boundaries to create alliances that further the organization's objectives and market position. Your deep and broad industry knowledge allows you to foresee external conditions that could potentially affect AIG's future.
This role will drive profitable growth of Commercial D&O within Financial Lines through:
- Supporting the Commercial D&O team in implementing measures and manage information to ensure profitability as well as driving process efficiency, standardization, usage of systems, and raters, market events.
- Working with the actuarial team to get information that support the team in taking informed decisions
- Accountability for leading the Commercial D&O team to achieve production and profit targets
- Training of the underwriters and supporting talent development and retention
- Acting as referral point of complex account and supporting the team in manuscript endorsements approval
- Working with supporting areas to control and measure facilities and take action when needed
- Supporting and driving Broker Management initiatives
- Developing broker and client relationships in the London Market
- Supporting our Multinational Value proposition strategies
- Driving Product Development and Innovation including but not limited to product up-grades, bespoke market wordings by broker.
- Support the teams production by delivering timely product changes/up-grades to keep up with market needs and trends, as well as developing and keeping filing structures and standards
- Drive Research and development for product development to make sure products launch are the result of market needs and company appetite
- Drive product innovation and constantly evolving coverage and services offered. Ensuring client needs are listened, and products are enhanced in accordance with our desire risk appetite and ensuring profitability.
- Leveraging technical knowledge communicate with Region and Legal teams in order to execute on product changes to attend market needs at the necessary speed
- Client, Broker and market intelligence and relationship so as to be up to date in market trends that help us define scope of risks, new underwriting risks that we need to consider and products we can develop, change to manage the risk and grow
- Work on the necessary changes to proposal forms and information requirements from clients that help underwriters to better assess the risk while minimizing the burden for the clients.
- Drive Underwriting and operational Excellence
- Work closely with marketing and communications to produce marketing and communications materials to update our clients and brokers regarding trends in the area or new products and services developments
- Link with the other minor lines and regional heads to replicate best practices
- Link with CoP to ensure consistency of appetite and harness the power of the broader group
What we are looking for:
- Define and drive the Commercial D&O product development strategy
- Ensure management information is gathered to review trends and desired profitability
- Referral point for high level manuscript of wordings and endorsements as well as for complex risk outside of the underwriter's authorities
- Good attitude toward teaching and explaining rational behind decisions
- Develop and deliver training to increase product knowledge
- Link person between legal, regional team and local team as a source of ideas, client needs spokesperson and market intelligence to monitor risk trends and product changes needs.
- Prioritize product development needs commensurate with market growth potential.
- Work with marketing and communications as well as other stakeholder to emphasize the front to back customer proposition and create effective product launch, track progress towards achieving required sales of products launched
- Build strong relationships with key brokers and Insureds
- Establish and maintain effective success measurement mechanisms, in conjunction with stakeholders
- Manage the impact of regulatory changes internally and externally and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements in the product development process and compliance with AIG Product Development process and requirements.
- Build relationship with the team
- Drive process efficiency and governance initiatives
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.