To support the on-going development, implementation and embedding of the risk management framework and culture across MRSL and other MRSG companies (International Distribution Companies “IDCs”), ensuring compliance with risk management requirements.
- To support the Senior Risk Manager with the on-going monitoring of the MRSL and IDCs Risk Profile and escalation of exceptions to the Board and senior management as directed by the Senior Risk Manager. This is achieved through
- Supporting the development and maintenance of the risk register for MRSL and the IDCs, ensuring identified risks and their assessments are completely and accurately recorded
- Supporting the on-going development and maintenance of the Internal Control System (ICS) including the identification of effective controls and making recommendations to improve identified weaknesses
- Undertaking, analysing and recording results of periodic risk and control assessments across MRSL and the IDCs as appropriate, providing effective and timely risk management challenge. This includes
- Capturing and monitoring business activity with identified risk metrics and pre-defined risk limits, and investigating variances on a timely basis
- Reviewing and challenging business processes, identified controls and MI to assess their effectiveness.
- Initially, Risk Analyst is expected to collate output from meetings and documenting results in the requisite format. Over time, the Risk Analyst will also be allocated specific categories of risk to manage by the Senior Risk Manager
- Appropriate risk management qualification or qualified by suitable experience in similar roles in Lloyd’s and / or London market insurance
- Aptitude to develop technical insurance and risk management knowledge
- Ability to tactfully question and challenge syndicate and service company staff, and then present considered views and findings
- Articulate, diligent, has good attention to detail and committed to support timely completion of team goals and deliverables
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Lloyd’s of London Market experience preferred
Apply for Risk Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly