Assistant Underwriter, Commercial Institutions
- Contract Type
Assistant Underwriter, Commercial Institutions (CI)
Your future team
AIG's underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG's tradition of innovation, bringing to market ground-breaking insurance
solutions for our changing world. AIG's underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
Your Contribution to AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
We are pleased to be recruiting for an Assistant Underwriter to join our high-performing global team, based in London.
- Support the delivery of strategy for UK Commercial Institutions (CI) team following guidance and vision from the UK Head of CI.
- Support business development in the regions by providing underwriting support.
- Support the team with production targets: renewal, new business and risk-adjusted profitability for UK.
- Develop and maintain broker relationships and support in an administration capacity.
- Assist with rating, policy processing and booking of business on our systems as required.
- Provide support to members of the underwriting team in the areas of risk assessment, analysis, policy endorsements, compliance and policy tracking.
- Support the team to increase AIG market penetration in CI for the UK region.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum 12 months Insurance experience preferred either in an underwriting assistant or broking capacity
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Time management - ability to handle multiple priorities, organise work and meet deadlines
- Ability to network and build relationships
- Organizational skills
- Tenacious, motivated, proactive, drive
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Office Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power point
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.