Risk Consultant – UK Real Estate Practice Lead
Job Title: Risk Consultant – UK Real Estate Practice Lead
Business Line: Risk Control / Engineering
We are currently recruiting for a Risk Consultant – Real Estate Practice Lead in our Risk Consulting team.
This role will involve organising and delivering efficient and effective risk management and loss prevention services, primarily to support the securing of new and retention of existing customers in our Global Risk Solutions (GRS) and UK Commercial Risk Solutions (CRS) businesses, with specific focus on developing our Real Estate risk management proposition.
This role will be split between customer servicing and sector / proposition development, i.e.
- Customer Servicing: Undertaking risk surveys and/or conducting account level risk reviews, delivering risk improvement programmes; reviewing customer accounts to proactively identify risk improvement opportunities; and providing input to the development of customer risk management solutions.
- Sector / Proposition Development: Working with RSA businesses / experts, Risk Consulting colleagues and third-parties, to develop our Real Estate risk management strategy and proposition.
It is anticipated that the split of work will be approximately 3rd strategy / proposition / process development, 3rd Account Consulting, 3rd Surveys.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the development of customer propositions, bringing knowledge and insight of customers and risks in order to identify opportunities and benefits
- Identifying, recommending and leading or contributing to the development and exploitation of marketing activities and product development initiatives to increase penetration of existing customers and/or expand the business mix
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner in order to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction
- Providing advice, guidance and coaching to technical colleagues to develop knowledge and understanding of customers, customers’ businesses and associated commercial drivers and risks
- Providing expert advice, guidance and coaching to less qualified and/or experienced colleagues to address technical referrals and raise standards and expertise across the technical community
- Working on cross-class accounts, ensuring that risk control services across a range of technical disciplines are delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Developing and maintaining effective operational processes for delivery of risk management programmes via our in-house consultants and strategic partners.
The Individual - Attributes
- Trained and experienced Risk Consultant, with significant Real Estate sector knowledge.
- A strong analytical background, coupled with excellent relationship management and communication skills.
- A recognised risk management related qualification (or equivalent).
As the world evolves so do the needs of those we serve, and we must respond with an agile yet resilient business that always strives to do better
We are one of the world’s longest standing general insurers, providing peace of mind to individuals and protecting small businesses and large corporations from uncertainty. We use our capabilities to anticipate and exceed customer expectations and improve outcomes for customers via our direct channel, our broker relationships or partner organisations. We have established leadership positions in Scandinavia, Canada, and the UK & International (which includes Ireland and Middle East).
In 2018 our net written premiums were £6.5 billion. See our 2018 Annual Report and Accounts for more details on our financial performance.