Claims Executive - Construction
Construction Claims Executive
City of London
About the Company:
A Lloyds Broker who are a global leader in insurance broking and risk management.
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity to join a leading Claims function, providing support to the Senior Claims Executive working on claims valued up to £10m.
They are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual who has long term career aspirations working within this sector and would welcome applications from those who have worked within, but not limited to, claims support, claims handling or claims executive positions previously.
- Analyse the options available for handling complex claims and makes appropriate and effective claims handling decisions with reference to the law, regulations and other relevant factors
- Support proposal and tendering process for new business including attendance at new business presentations where appropriate
- Understand the risks faced by clients and make recommendations to ensure that coverage and claims handling provisions fit the client requirements
- Advise the client on coverage issues and appropriate claims resolution strategy and tactics
- Provide good understanding of the Claims Service Model as applicable to the servicing of construction project placements
- Identify, investigate and resolves any issues which adversely affect the Client claims service and actively seeks to enhance the claims account management for that client
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of contract certainty and how it impacts the claims process
- Assess the deficiencies in the claims data collected and identifies how to ensure an efficient handling process when the information cannot be obtained
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different stages during the life of any claim
- Review and determine the process for notifying and investigating claims for own area of business in line with own organisation's strategy
- Interpret policy wordings and conditions to determine the validity of complex claims
- Experience of working within London market claims handling.
- Experience of working within claims handing internationally, areas such as Asia, Middle East and LATAM would be ideal but not essential.
- Competent in all classes of Construction such as CAR, EAR, CPE and TPL and possibly with some exposure to ALOP/DSU would be ideal.
- Knowledge of Direct and Reinsurance placements is desirable
- Experience of working with Retail and Wholesale clients.
- Ability to be both market and client facing.
- Experience of face to face broking with insurers (London Market) - Lloyds Test Pass essential.
- CLASS / ECF competent.
- Exposure to monthly Bordereau and Claim Fund management.
- Skilled at handling annual accounts as well as complex multi-year Project specific placements.
- Ability and willingness to travel overseas would be ideal but not essential.
- Ability to work alone and under pressure as well as part of a wider team delivering results for clients.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More searches like this
- Claims Adviser Lloyd's of London Market jobs in London (Central)
- Claims Consultant Lloyd's of London Market jobs in London (Central)
- Claims Handler/ Executive Lloyd's of London Market jobs in London (Central)
- Claims Manager Lloyd's of London Market jobs in London (Central)
- Claims Lloyd's of London Market jobs in London (Central)