Portfolio Underwriter - Group Personal Accident & Travel
As we look to continue to build upon our success within A&H we are now looking to grow the team further by hiring a Portfolio Underwriter for our group PA and Travel business.
- Develop and grow both new and existing facility/portfolio arrangements for Group PA & Travel
- Provide support to UK Personal Accident Head of Portfolio
- Establish and develop relationships with key brokers
- Establish, develop and maintain portfolio broker pipelines in conjunction with branch, regional and UK objectives.
- Develop and manage agreed business plans for individual broker account strategy
- Project manage and ensure implementation of new facility deals.
- Work on any changes required on Acturis System and become subject matter expert.
- Work closely with the BDM's as required
- Negotiate deals within underwriting authority
- Ensure completion of weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports required by the Regional Underwriting Manager and Profit Centre management.
- Continually look for new ways to improve the service and product offering.
- Work within agreed decision making standards, limitations and authorities
- To comply with key regulatory and risk management responsibilities
- Take personal responsibility for career development and proactively keep up to date with industry and business issues and changes.
- Maintain a flexible approach and adapt rapidly to changing work environments.
- Be proactive and self motivated in implementing change.
- Proven track record of underwriting renewals and/or new business
- A good understanding of the London marketplace, preferably A&H
- Strong commercial insurance background
- Good understanding of the broker and client operational environment
- Strong communication/presentation skills
- Highly numerate
- Highly literate
- Competent in IT packages
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.