Catastrophe Risk Analyst
Arthur Financial are working with an innovative Insurance company, who have recently expanded, to add value to their team through the appointment of a Catastrophe Risk Analyst. Our Client are a specialist Insurance group who cover a range of business classes.
Working within their Reinsurance team, which Underwrites a global portfolio of Reinsurance products through its Lloyd's syndicate and other capital bases, you will have the opportunity to learn from someone who has previously sat in the role directly supporting them in their capacity as an underwriter. Your overall role focus will be to conduct analyses to assist the Reinsurance Underwriting team in the selection, assessment and management of risk.
- You will work alongside the Reinsurance underwriters to provide CAT model-based analysis for risk selection, pricing and underwriting, for multiple worldwide territories.
- Review and analyse exposure data and use 3rd party and proprietary catastrophe models and tools to ensure exceptional data quality, modelling accuracy and adherence to internal guidelines
- Interpret and predict year on year changes by analysing model input, results and loss data and to effectively communicate any relevant findings to the responsible underwriters
- Carry out analysis including results validation and bench-marking against historical events
- Review procedures for running analysis correctly, ensuring data is accurate and sharing findings by liaising with model vendors and brokers.
- Be part of the process that maintains, enhances & develops models as required
- You will also be required to attend industry conferences and feedback knowledge to the risk modelling department on current developments
The successful candidate will need to have prior Catastrophe Modelling experience using RMS or AIR across any classes with strong technical skills and experience using SQL as a minimum requirement with Python and R both being useful additions.
If you seek an ambitious Catastrophe Risk Modelling role within a well-established Insurance company, please send your CV through the links below or contact us directly at Arthur Financial to speak with one of our specialist Catastrophe Modelling recruiters for a confidential conversation.