Underwriting Manager - Business Development (Trade Credit)
AIG's underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG's tradition of innovation, bringing to market ground-breaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG's underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
As a Leader, you are respected for your deep technical expertise and ability to win profitable new business.
You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
- Strategic New business Non-Cancellable Risk Underwriting / Control of new business underwriting function.
- Underwriting and structuring of large/complex new business submissions.
- Analysing domestic and international corporate credits, evaluating financial information, and recommending or approving appropriate credit limits and terms.
- Ongoing pro-active interaction with brokers and prospects to discuss attractive new business submissions, thereby demonstrating a co-operative approach to winning business.
- Management of the new business underwriting processes and procedures.
- Allocation of individual roles within the office based Business Development Underwriting Team.
- Ongoing daily workflow management of the office based Business Development Underwriting Team.
- Training, mentoring, providing technical direction to underwriters to contribute to group revenue targets.
- Lead by example in adopting an Entrepreneurial culture and a "Can Do" attitude within the team.
- Meeting internal operational and audit directives for the division.
- Responsibility for management reporting with regards to new business data and statistics.
- Responsibility for optimal usage of the new CRM system and appointment of a CRM Super User within the team.
- Management of the policy issuance and invoicing process.
- Handover of successful new business cases to the Account Management Team.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years Trade Credit Risk underwriting experience preferred
- Ability to write Non-Cancellable limits
- Experience in pitching(or supporting) New Business or account retention to Strategic Customers
- Understanding of Trade Credit Policy Conditions - Risk v Reward
- Qualified candidates should have a background in credit or financial analysis.
- Results orientated with an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Organised and energetic.
- Able to work and excel in high pressure situations.
- Able to prioritize, manage and delegate high workload.
- Experience in conflict resolution.
- Solid organizational and communication skills are essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages and Salesforce.
- Team player with a can-do attitude and winning mind-set
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at http://www.aig.com/careers/life-at-aig/join-the-talent-network. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and http:// www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.