1 day left
- Contract Type
The Enterprise Risk Management ("ERM") team identifies areas of risk across Markel and reports to senior leadership at the quarterly Risk Management Committees in the US and London.
Reporting to the Head of Risk, but working closely with other members of the ERM Team, the Risk Analyst ("RA") will be responsible for:
- the effective running of much of the quarterly risk and controls process at Markel International in London;
- providing support to, the Corporate Insurance process for the whole of Markel with a view to running the day to day process,; and
- Assisting with other risk management tasks and reports.
Applicants without risk management experience who have analytical and effective communication skills would be considered, in which case training will be provided. For the right candidate a flexible working pattern will be considered.
The RA must handle confidential information with a high level of integrity and sensitivity.
Assisting in running the quarterly SOX/controls sign off process:
- Support administration of, and record-keeping within, Markel's Risk Management system and analysis of data within the system
- Updating risk and control templates
- Liaising with control owners and risk owners
- Liaising with overseas offices in connection with their operating procedures documents
- Support administration of the programme including: Ensure all invoices are processed promptly and appropriate records are kept (including maintaining the master spreadsheet, cost tracking, and saving policy documentation and renewal materials when received)
- Partner with key stakeholders to collect and validate information supporting the annual renewal process, working in line with prescribed deadlines.
- Ensure a good quality and efficient service is provided to our (internal) customers regarding Corporate Insurances queries, including working with brokers to evidence cover where required.
Collating and summarising risk exposures and Key Risk Indicators
- An understanding of basic insurance concepts would be an advantage but not essential
- Risk management exposure a benefit
- Will possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills in order to build relationships with all areas of business and all areas of management/staff
- Will be a problem solver, and a logical thinker with close attention to detail
- Will be self-motivated with the ability to use initiative to enquire with probing-questions; taking ownership and responsibility for specific processes and tasks.
- Will have good numerical skills and an aptitude for working with simple spreadsheets.
- Will actively identify improvements in systems and processes; be flexible and pragmatic to find alternative solutions where required, and contribute suggestions to make processes more efficient and implement the agreed solutions
- Will be able to prioritise work load, and have a track-record of managing many tasks concurrently to tight deadlines, particularly around certain times in the quarter, must be flexible in terms of tasks performed and hours worked
- Prior experience using simple databases or risk and control systems would be an advantage but not essential.