Head Office Personal Lines Underwriter
About the Company:
Our client, one of the UK’s leading insurance companies seeks a Head Office Personal Lines Underwriter to join their existing team. They are looking for an individual that wants a challenge and wishes to play an integral part in influencing the companies Personal Lines Underwriting strategy and direction.
About the Role:
This role is a strategic position looking at the performance of the personal lines accounts as a whole, rather than case underwriting. It will involve consistent review of performance, making recommendations to improve product cover, features, performance and terms to influence the performance of the account.
This is a platform role – if you want to make a career within a head office underwriting insurance role, looking at account performance as a whole rather than case underwriting, this position has been created to allow a bright, ambitious individual to learn the basics and progress up through the business quickly.
- Produce analysis, internal and external reviews and recommendations on underwriting strategies, rules, terms and risk features for specific personal lines product categories to enable the delivery of profit and growth objectives.
- Effectively managing insurance risk in line with the overall Underwriting Strategy and Framework.
- Deliver agreed activity to continually improve the insurance underwriting knowledge and capabilities of the business to improve customer experience and the effective management of insurance risk cost.
- Support the administration and resolution of complex, high value and contentious cases and referrals through bespoke analysis in accordance with limits of authority, policies, procedures and SLAs, to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and fair outcomes for members.
- Candidates will be considered from both underwriting and technical claims backgrounds.
- You can be a case underwriter, a technical claims handler (from either personal lines or commercial) but must be able to demonstrate the ability to influence team members, stakeholders and various departments within the business.
Professional Qualifications Required:
Experience is what is most important, however if you have one of the following it would be advantageous: Degree, ACII, Accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA), MBA or FIA.
Salary / Benefits Information:
- Salary up £36,000 + Benefits + Bonus.
- Outstanding pension.
- Plus many other benefits.
Contact: Stephen Mallaband
Job Reference: SM/16585
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Apply for Head Office Personal Lines Underwriter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly