Senior Pricing Analyst
Senior Pricing Analyst: Tesco Underwriting is currently looking for a Senior Pricing Analyst to join our Reigate office (which is in close proximity to London) to work as part of a specialist Pricing team. The successful Senior Pricing Analyst will be crucial to delivering a rating structure that will achieve Tesco Underwriting’s premium income and profit objectives, by delivering accurate statistical and financial analyses of Tesco Underwriting claims experience.
The Senior Pricing Analyst will ensure Tesco Underwriting has market leading pricing capabilities by supporting research into new statistical techniques and market best practice to deliver more predictive models of claims experience and business volumes, including the use of internal and external data.
The successful Senior Pricing Analyst will have the following:
- Experience working in a statistical modelling role, ideally with a substantial part of this experience being gained in a general insurance pricing role. Candidates with personal lines experience would be preferred but is not necessary.
- A very strong record of education attainment with a degree in numerical subject with minimum 2.1 classification.
- Knowledge of R and/or Python programming languages or a track record demonstrating the ability to learn new programming languages.
- Theoretical and practical understanding of Personal Lines underwriting and pricing principles and experience of using industry standard actuarial pricing tools (for example Emblem, Radar and Classifier).
- Ideally post graduate educational attainment of one of the following:
- Completion of the CT series of Actuarial exams.
- Post graduate qualification in statistics or a numerical subject (with substantial statistical component).
In your Senior Pricing Analyst role you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the building and maintaining of risk cost models that will achieve Tesco Underwriting’s premium income and profit objectives, utilising appropriate techniques including standard GLM analysis and more advanced machine learning techniques.
- Supporting Tesco Underwriting’s research into new statistical techniques and market best practice to deliver more predictive models of claims experience and business volumes, including the use of internal and external data. To use the result of this research to drive business value to support future profitable growth.
- Assisting the Pricing Managers to deliver the key financial metrics within the financial forecast for profit and income through the delivery, management and oversight of the Home/Motor rating structure.
- Coaching of an Analyst, ensuring the needs of the individual are met. This may involve allocating work, motivating and responsibility for their coaching and personal development.
Benefits for the position of Senior Pricing Analyst:
A comprehensive range of flexible benefits options such as a company pension, 25 days’ holiday (buy or sell up to 5 extra days), full actuarial study support, life assurance, an annual bonus and a Tesco Privilege card giving you 10% discount on shopping with Tesco and Tesco.com. We also offer a wide range of discounts with local retailers & gyms. Further information can be found here: https://www.tescounderwriting.com/join-us/benefits-rewards
Tesco Underwriting (TU) is a partnership between Ageas (UK) and Tesco Bank, with Ageas (UK) owning 50.1% and Tesco Bank 49.9%. Our primary focus is to underwrite Tesco Bank branded car and home insurance policies, and provide an exceptional claims service to our 1.5 million customers. We operate independently from either of our shareholders with our own board of directors, governance processes and management team. Our customer’s needs are at the heart of our business and central to everything we do. We’re proud of our values driven and people-focused culture that delivers exceptional standards of work. We look for people who’ll live our values, our culture and deliver to a high standard. It’s not just what we do; it’s the way we do it that really matters to us.
Click the ‘Apply’ button to be considered for this Senior Pricing Analyst opportunity based at Tesco Underwriting in Reigate