Capital Actuary: Tesco Underwriting has an exciting opportunity to join the team in Reigate as a Capital Actuary. As a Capital Actuary, you will provide support to the Senior Capital Actuary in relation to capital modelling of the Tesco Underwriting insurance portfolio. A minimum of 3 years capital modelling experience is essential to be successful in the Capital Actuary role. We’re looking for a great team player who also has the ability to work independently.
With an analytical mind and keen eye for detail the Capital Actuary’s main responsibilities will be:
- Ensure regulatory compliance in relation to actuarial modelling. Support the Senior Capital Actuary / Chief Actuary in ensuring wider PRA compliance in respect of the wider regulatory framework.
- Undertake capital modelling to identify the level of capital required and support ORSA, Solvency II and other economic capital requirements.
- Assist the Actuarial and Finance teams financial modelling, planning and forecasting activities; in particular in relation to capital metrics and the causes of movement between planned, forecast and actual results.
- Provide mentoring and coaching support to the actuarial team, providing technical advice and guidance and embedding a learning culture.
- Working with the Senior Capital Actuary and Chief Actuary, review and evaluate actuarial policies to ensure they meet the needs of the business.
Experience and skills required for our Capital Actuary opportunity in Reigate:
- Degree or equivalent qualification or experience in mathematics or a suitably related discipline.
- Qualified or Nearly Qualified Actuary. (Completion of CT exams or equivalent is essential.)
- Knowledge of Remetrica will be an advantage.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team; fostering positive relationships and providing mutual support and guidance.
- Knowledge of Solvency 2 and Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) regulatory framework and compliance/governance requirements.
Here are some of the Benefits you can enjoy in the position of Capital Actuary, based in Reigate:
A comprehensive range of flexible benefits options such as a company pension, 25 days’ holiday (buy or sell up to 5 extra days), increasing with service, full actuarial study support, life assurance, an annual bonus and a Tesco Privilege card giving you 10% discount on shopping with Tesco and Tesco.com. We also offer a wide range of discounts with local retailers & gyms. Further information can be found here: https://www.tescounderwriting.com/join-us/benefits-rewards.
Tesco Underwriting (TU) is a partnership between Ageas (UK) and Tesco Bank, with Ageas (UK) owning 50.1% and Tesco Bank 49.9%. Our primary focus is to underwrite Tesco Bank branded car and home insurance policies, and provide an exceptional claims service to our 1.5 million customers. We operate independently from either of our shareholders with our own board of directors, governance processes and management team.
Our customer’s needs are at the heart of our business and central to everything we do. We’re proud of our values driven and people-focused culture that delivers exceptional standards of work. We look for people who’ll live our values, our culture and deliver to a high standard. It’s not just what we do; it’s the way we do it that really matters to us.
Click the ‘Apply’ button to be considered for this Capital Actuary opportunity based at Tesco Underwriting in Reigate.