4 days left
- Contract Type
Due to continued success, our Client is seeking an enthusiastic, positive and driven individual to train as an Underwriter within their successful team in Bury St Edmunds.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to transfer your existing Insurance knowledge into an underwriting environment where you will assist with the delivery of team targets, underwriting a range of Property risks.
A Quick Break Down…….
As a Trainee Underwriter your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting colleagues by providing assistance with day to day work while learning new processes and procedures
- Develop an understanding of the policy cover for the entire product suite
- Issuing all renewal documents within company guidelines
- Creating Client document packs from printed documentation ready to be issued
- Creating documents for policies in Word and Excel
- Chasing Broker partners by email on the status of extensions and renewals
Successful candidates will:
- Have 1 + years experience working in an insurance environment with a sincere desire to pursue an underwriting career
- Have a sound understanding of the insurance market (preferably Household/ Property insurance)
- Be a pragmatic decision maker with good numerical and analytical skills
- Have a good commercial awareness, negotiation skills and ability to build strong Broker relationships
What's in it for me?
As well as the chance to transfer your skills into a desirable underwriting role, you will receive in-depth training within a positive and collaborative environment where you will be surrounded by experienced Property Underwriters.
Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to study for the CII's insurance exam, at the company's expense and supported by a programme of weekly study sessions.
Apply for Trainee Underwriter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly