Lead Data Scientist
Data and Analytics Lead
A leading insurtech start-up based in the heart of London is looking for an experienced Data Scientist / Data and Analytics Lead to work with an innovative team to transforming the insurance industry's attitude towards data. This job will give you an opportunity to have a real impact on the organisation and customers in a fast learning, high energy environment.
Company's mission is to deliver ground-breaking analytics that helps insurers to better protect small businesses.
You'll be managing a team of 4 while supporting strategy, engineering and the customer experience teams to build data-driven products that will disrupt the insurance sector.
- Lead and mentor the growing team (data scientist, data engineers).
- Manage and deliver projects for the clients
- Be responsible for the datalake and data warehousing approaches strategy, advice the business on the most appropriate solution for their needs.
- Determine how to apply a range of techniques for data profiling, source system analysis and how to bring multiple data sources together in a conformed model for analysis.
- Help building our Data Assets by applying ML techniques to produce insight.
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to productionise the models into product.
- Data engineering skills: ETL (public dataset, API, scraping etc.)
- Good understanding of Data Science (standard ML and AI frameworks and libraries)
- Customer-driven mindset
- Management and leadership experience
- Insurance knowledge
- Agile project management
- Graph databases
- Microservice architecture
- Working on industry-leading technology
- Flexible working
- Subsidised gym, Workplace health coaching
- Share options scheme
- Free drinks and treats, Regular team lunches and other team events
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Software credits
- Allowance for learning
- 23 days off + bank holidays
- Board game tournaments
Apply for Lead Data Scientist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly