Actuarial Audit Manager - Non-Life
Oliver James Associates Dublin is representing a Global Non-Life Insurer in their focus to appoint an Actuarial Audit Manager for their fast-growing European Actuarial Audit team.
Our client offers a second to none; flexible working-including a majority work from home policy, above market bonus, and corporate benefits scheme.
Employee engagement and overall well-being are at the heart of our client's business.
Our client is seeking a strong and influential professional to work as part of a highly effective, robust team with an excellent internal and external reputation.
You would be key in the delivery of the go-between of risk and control and the execution of business strategy to our clients' pan European customers.
Key elements of the role:
- Performing audits related to financial, insurance and model risks, whilst collaborating with generalist auditors - definition of audit scope and work program, technical and actuarial testing, report writing and communication with key partners, etc.
- Participating in Ireland and Europe Finance Insurance and Model Risk audit plan definition
- Ensuring quality business monitoring and partner management
Key experience required:
- Qualified or near qualified Actuary
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: product pricing and reserving, Solvency II, Economic Capital, Capital management, Risk management and/or IFRS.
- Experience of physically working in the Irish, wider European or UK insurance market is vital
- An understanding of auditing and a detailed understanding of Non-Life insurance
- Understanding of insurance, financial and model risks with technical expertise
- Highly proficient in all aspects of communication with the ability to get messages across clearly and effectively, in both verbal and written form, in order to engage others and deliver results
- Able to prioritise, rationalise, argue and defend your point of view
Fitness and Probity
- This is a regulated role and will be subject to enhanced pre-employment screening procedures. There will be an ongoing requirement for the role holder to maintain fit and proper status.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please apply with your CV to the below details.