Compliance Monitoring Analyst
4 days left
- Contract Type
The Compliance Monitoring Analyst is responsible for executing an appropriate risk-based compliance monitoring programme proportionate to the scale, nature and complexity of our global operations to monitor the adequacy and effectiveness of the firm's compliance control environment.
This is a diverse role working within the Compliance Function that involves interaction with departments across the bsuiness globally.
The ideal candidate will have an audit or compliance monitoring background with a strong risk and control mindset. This role requires a combination of technical knowledge, analytical skills, project management skills and the ability to effectively collaborate across functions and regions.
Contribute to the development of the Group and Legal Entity Annual Compliance Plans, in coordination with the broader Group Assurance Functions.
· Perform and deliver assigned assurance activities as per the Annual Compliance Plan to assess the effectiveness of the overall compliance program and adherence to established policies, standards and controls for key compliance risks.
· Ensure that any deficiencies identified as part of monitoring are validated with appropriate stakeholders. Coordinate with the applicable compliance subject matter expert to advise and guide the business on recommended enhancements or required remediation plans to address identified control weaknesses and gaps.
· Contribute to final report of compliance monitoring results, delivering reports that are high quality, constructive and commercially relevant.
· Monitor completion of 1st line corrective action plans; performing independent validation as deemed appropriate.
· Promote a compliance culture by raising awareness of compliance matters and encouraging commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
· Support the Head of Compliance Monitoring with regular reporting regarding the effectiveness of the compliance control environment.
· Analyse trends and patterns in deficiencies and provide feedback to compliance team about any identified themes
Skills & experience
At least 5 years of audit, compliance testing or monitoring, or relevant Compliance experience
- Significant compliance experience related to the P&C insurance industry within an international organisation
- Appropriate knowledge and understanding of the regulatory environments in which the firm conducts business.
- Highly detail-oriented, motivated, intellectually curious individual with outstanding time-management, analytical and communication skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills. The candidate should have the ability to establish credibility and strong partnerships with senior business leaders, control functions and corporate partners globally.